Off The Market (The 12 NA's of Christmas) - Magan Vernon
This one was a cute and quick read.
Etta has come back to her hometown to help her family. She has picked up selling real estate and does well for herself, but something is missing... Andrew. Andrew has done well for himself and has tried to move on without his high school sweetheart Etta, but he just never has. Now he has the chance to see if she still cares and Etta gets a pleasant surprise on Christmas Eve at a surprise house showing. Will they get what they want most for Christmas?
This story was very quickly paced novella. It was short and to the point. It only spans maybe a total of 24 hours starting on Christmas Eve night into early Christmas day, so the pacing worked. You see two people who never really stopped loving each other reconnect with each other and pick up where they left off. For me this was kind of unrealistic, but still sweet and enchanting in its way. The novella also didn't give me much to connect with in terms of the characters. Everyone can relate to losing first love and even possibly that reconnection, but the how just didn't work for me and the characters just never got real for me.
It was a cute read and worth the time and effort definitely, but it wasn't completely for me.